Friday, April 17, 2015

(viii of swords)



(viii of swords)


our marriage was so brief    it was a whisper    i wonder if it actually happened  somewhere between AA & AOL  we  met    had coffee    kissed    walked up the aisle in front of family & friends    just when did you leave me    or didn’t i ever truly have you    were you always a cheat    a player         was i so blind    did i not want to see   trying to keep some kind of balance    between mind & soul        or was i in true bondage    loving my chains even as i cried to be free    my city burning behind me    my emotions  dried to a  trickle at  my broken feet 


© polly macdavid


cross-posted in a slightly different form at https://crystalapplequeen.wordpress.com/2015/04/17/napomo-day-17/









No comments:

Post a Comment